Wednesday 22 December 2010

What is attractive?

This morning whilst getting ready for work I started to think about what is "attractive"? In connection to clothing and the way we look.
I suppose it goes back to thoughts I have been having about the level of description clothing has. For example if your not "into" fashion you probably still make statements through clothing.

With levels of attractiveness, this must be to do with social norms more than the pure essence of attractive. I.e. subversive trends.

Currently I have been looking back to the 40's and it's restraint elegance mixed with 70's lengthily femininity.
Marlene Dietrich
Versus
Bianca Jagger
For me these two looks and women represent a new form of attractiveness and femininity. One that has been lost in this decade, pure beauty. Women that aren't being slutty, or crude or un-womanly. I hope it continues to travel this way, as you watch programs like BBC's "Snog, marry or avoid" and just think "are these even women"?
Of course there will always be a place for these eye sores, much like the existence of Hill-billys and lunatics.

Lets all hope we restore to some sort of age of femininity.
Tainted beauty, truly timeless.



No comments:

Post a Comment