Thursday 14 October 2010

Givenchy's 1950's silhouette

Givenchy has to be one of my favourite French couture labels, this is for two reasons. The first being the company heritage, Hubert De Givenchy being a member of the elite Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture et du Pret-a-Porter. And more simply I have always loved and adored their fantastic, fashion forward, silhouettes.
This famous "Sack" silhouette is a strong favourite of mine, (not just because one of my family names is Sach) but because it is so contemporary.  It is minimal, modern, yet still conveys a femininity that I adore so much.

Where it really excites me is how it is being referenced and interpreted in today's fashions.
Check Double Breasted Jacket
Here you can see Jaeger's contemporary twist on the trend, using quirky and comfortable, lumberjack feeling, plaid.

I shall always have a soft spot for Givenchy, and constantly love their seasonal offerings especially with Ricardo Tisci at the helm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment