Thursday 21 October 2010

Menswear --- Details---- Clever---- Part 1.

So as you may or may not know by now my admiration in fashion is Menswear, in particular pieces that have interesting materials, for example coated canvases and bonded materials.

One of my favourite designers that ticks these boxes for me is Aitor Throup

Selectism - aitor-throup-prelude-selfridges-london-selectism-
Selfridges opeing.
 The reasons I love his design are his construction methods; looking at the bodies form, i.e. how we hold ourselves, and our natural silloutte for this era. He also construct the clothes around the contours of the body rather than making a totally artificial silloutte like many of his contemporaries do.

As a sub note, I also admire his figure drawings for the organic honest nature, as currently I am taking a life drawing class and can really respect the detail and fluidity of his style.

One of his many accolades is that he designed the world cup England kit, for this I am really jealous, as I am a big football fan. One of my own dreams is to design the kit of accessories i.e. football, shin gards for Tottemham Hotspurs my team, who had a rather smashing game against Intern-Milan last night even though we didn't win. Well done Gareth Bale!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment