Monday 22 November 2010

Jackie O!

Not much has to be said for this lady, stylistically she is iconic and fantastic!

 Yesterday I was watched a documentary by the BBC political correspondent Andrew Marr called "JFK The making of Politics". It was throughly interesting and made me realize how interesting and intelligent John F Kennedy was. He was a manipulator in the best sense, and in a way maybe his choice of glamorous wife was intensional. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w8cjq/JFK_The_Making_of_Modern_Politics/

Anyway the point of this article is to praise Jackie. She was of the generation who stood "by there man" (Patsy Cline, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew). And in a way I respect her for this, although this sounds quite old fashioned, I feel being in a strong relationship shows strength of character, which I suppose is one of the qualities that made Jackie so popular not only with the American audience, but also the world!

Her style, grace, poise, and bravery in unimaginable events makes her truly admirable. But her style elevates her to stardom!




Even though bad things happened she seemed to soldier on and I applaude her for this inner strength!
And so I shall be interested to see how Katie Holmes (Cruise) plays her in the up coming film.
Adieu for tonight.x 


No comments:

Post a Comment